Cevapla
 
Konu Araçları
Eski 03-06-07, 00:41 #1
ѕєαη ѕєαη çevrimdışı
Varsayılan İngİlİzce UŞak


HISTORY OF UŞAK
Uşak, which was called "Temenothyrae" in the ancient times, is settled in the inner Aegean region which binds the Western and Central Anatolia regions.
It is found out that the first settlement in the region had begun after 4000 B.C, whereas the continuous settlements had begun in the early bronze age.
During the course of history the city of U§ak first went under the sovereignty of Phrigians and Lydians and then fell into the hands of Persians in 5466. C. and finally was captured by Alexander the Great in 330 B.C.
After 1071 the city had been exchanged frequendly between Seljukians and Byzantines. In 1117 with the Miryakefelon War, U§ak permanently joined Seljukians. Then it joined the Germiyan Principality and later Ottomans in 1429 as the last wish of Yakup Bey and became a district bound to Kutahya. In the Republican period, it became a province in 1953.

BEDESTEN
It has been constructed by an Italian architect in 1901 with cut stones as two storeys with 30 rooms. The first floor is used as jewellery bazaar and the upper is reserved for various commercial purposes.It was restored in 1987.

GÖĞEM ZAFER ANITI
The Victory Memorial raised in Gogem village where General Trikopis, the commander invading Greek forces, had been captured on 1st September, 1922.

HISTORICAL USAK HOUSE
Historical houses belonging to the Ottoman period are wooden and cradle-roofed with double storeys, the first floors are made of stone and the second floors have outward balconies.

PAHSA INN
Being constructed by a French architect in the 19th century, Pasha Inn had formerly been used as an inn but later restorated to be a hotel. It is now serving as a special hotel licensed by the ministry.
BURMA MOSQUE
It is one of the 14th century Ottoman structures. Construction date of the mosque is not clear. It had been on fire twice in / 862 and 1922 and restored tivice again in 1988. Because its tower is twisted, it was given the name "Burma Camii" meaning "Twisted Mosque" It has two

EŞME RUG
Eşme rugs are handmade from wool with special dyes extracted form plant roots and woven in a special style called warps and wefts. They are generally classified as Altınbaş, Toplu, Hurriyet, Altınbaş rugs and Selvi praying rugs. Every year in May International Rug Festival is organized.

LIBERATION MONUMENT
Monument has been built three types of figures on a block in the
first group, there are cavalryman figures that symbolize indepentence of Uşak. Second group, there is a victory column that symbolizes freedom of turkish notionely.
Third group, There are women figures that symbolize heroically support of Turkish women in the Turkish wor of independence.

ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUM
Museums in our province have been managed under the control of the department of National I tint nliKii W/lh the opening of Ataturk and Ethrography Museums, Archeology Museum was started to be used as the central management building. With the coming of the Croesus's treasures the museum has been rearranged. Many precious historical pieces belonging from the Calcheolithic Age to the Byzantine period are exhibited.

ETNOGRAPHY MUSEUM
The museum building is an Ottoman structure, located where the Greek commander Trikopis was captured after the Turkish Independence War.

THE TREASURES OF CROESUS
The 6th century BC. Lydian pieces stolen from the tombs in Gure village of U§ak in mid 1960's were taken back from America through law procedures. These pieces are called the Croesus's Treasures. This treasure, consisting of 450 pieces has been exhibited in U§ak Museum since 1996.

BLAUNDOS
It is a border city established in the Hellenistic period near the Sulumenli village of Ulubey town on a peninsula surrounded by deep valleys. It gained more importance in the Roman period. The most noteworthy structures, are the castle, temples, theatre, stadium and the rock graves.

SEBASTE
Sebaste, established in Selçikler, had been the center bishopry of the neigbouring cities in 9th century A.D. It lived its golden age in the Byzantine period. There are two churches in Sefaoste; one big and the other smaller. The excavations had been carried out here between 1966-1978.

ÖRENCİK THERMAL RESORTS
Örencik Thermal Resort is located on the uşak-İzmir highway, 10 kms from Güre village. There are turkish baths both for men and women.

CLANDRAS KÖPRÜSÜ
Banaz çayı üzerindedir. Lidyalılar tarafından kral yolu üzerinde su kemeri olarak yaptırılmıştır. Geçkili taşların Roma dönemine ait olduğu bilinmektedir.
The bridge the Banaz Creek, has been built by lydians on the king road for a water course Geçkili stones belongs to rome period of time

ULUBEY KANYONLARI
There is a 75 kms long canyon in the southern and southwestern parts of the city formed as a result of the gological characteristics of the area
__________________
  Alıntı Yaparak CevaplaAlıntı Yaparak Cevapla
Cevapla

Bu konunun kısa yolunu aşağıdaki sitelere ekleyebilirsiniz

Konu Araçları

Gönderme Kuralları
Yeni konu açamazsınız
Cevap yazamazsınız
Dosya gönderemezsiniz
Mesajlarınızı düzenleyemezsiniz

BB code is Açık
Smiley Açık
[IMG] kodu Açık
HTML kodu Kapalı



Tüm saatler GMT +3. Şuan saat: 00:33
(Türkiye için artık GMT +3 seçilmelidir.)

 
5651 sayılı yasaya göre forumumuzdaki mesajlardan doğabilecek her türlü sorumluluk yazan kullanıcılara aittir. Şikayet Mailimiz. İçerik, Yer Sağlayıcı Bilgilerimiz. Reklam Mailimiz. Gizlilik Politikası. Tatil
Copyright © 2018